"We are delighted to announce that the CLOEMC IV project titled: "COMMON LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR EUROPEAN MANAGERS IN CONSTRUCTION" ref: ERASMUS+ 2015-1-PL01-KA202-016454 - is now complete. The results of the Intellectual Outputs - the manuals of Construction Managers Library, are freely available at the project website: http://www.cloemciv.il.pw.edu.pl/?lang=en or under this direct link at WUT's cloud: https://chmura.il.pw.edu.pl/index.php/s/ruzzanAsCQxYhdg.
Manuals from previous CLOEMC I-III projects are available under this direct link: https://chmura.il.pw.edu.pl/index.php/s/dcM0sils3tCd5GY"
Common Learning Outcomes for European Managers in Construction, part IV. Project No: 2015-1-PL01-KA201-016454
Project address the VET 2 sectoral priority by improvement of VET didactic materials in the area of construction project management and H2 horizontal priority by facilitation of qualification recognition system for managers in construction. The construction sector plays an important role in the European economy. It generates almost 10% of GDP and provides 20 million jobs. Improving the education of personnel in this sector is very important because of the efficiency and sustainability of the construction industry. There is a great migration of engineers, construction managers in the construction sector due to the different state of economic development of the EU countries. For this reason, it is extremely important that construction managers’ qualification and skills are being recognized and certified in the same way all over EU. Main aim of the project is to extend - in transnational co-operation - the Construction Managers Library (19 manuals created in the previous LDV TOI projects) by six new manuals. Manuals, containing full contents in 4 languages (EN, DE, PL, IS), allow their implementation and use in different countries and in EU VET education systems.Main Project Website
- Increasing of managerial qualifications and knowledge of engineers and governmental officers for better consumption of EU funds as the respond for labour market requirements, and development of social dialogue.
- Promotion of qualifications transparency through creating new tools allowing to present, compare and certify managerial qualifications of construction engineers.
- Prepared new manuals, allow to take all forms of Continuous Professional Development courses (formal and informal learning) complementing technical knowledge of construction engineers with knowledge necessary for managers to independently run a business on the EU construction-investment market.
- Exchange of best practices in the management areas (relevant subjects described in manuals) between Strategic Partners countries and presentation of this practices at EU level.
- Improvement of educational offer of VET, manuals could be used for CPD courses, postgraduate courses at the Partners Universities and for self learning of engineers.
- Continuous improvement of qualifications of engineers and managers in EU construction.
- Recognition and transparency of qualifications allowing betterment of mobility at EU market, as AEEBC created the European Building Expert (EurBE) title for construction managers, which already is and will be obtained through a number of courses basing on the set of foreseen manuals.
- Exchange of experience and knowledge between Partners countries to adjustment of education process to labour market requirements in EU for individual professional specializations. Presented above needs are a result of finished LdV projects – “Development of New Management Studies and Courses in the Field of Management in Construction for Engineers According to the EU requirements” and “Model of Professional Qualification Structure and New Methods of Promotion, Certification and Mutual Recognition of Managerial Skills According to the EU Requirements”, and a result of cooperation of European organizations (i.e. CIOB, PSMB and other from AEEBC), representing construction managers.
The target group consists of:
- Construction engineers and managers running a businesses and projects on EU constr. market. Busy workers, who are not able to take part in training on daily basis will improve qualifications by self learning.
- Officers from local and governmental authorities supervising EU funded infrastructure projects.
- Construction engineers - participants of MSc. and postgraduate studies (being active on labour market) improving their managerial knowledge.
- Exchange of best practices and knowledge between Partners countries, presented in manuals at EU level, i.e. Partners will exchange different information and rules relevant to all manuals for introduction to VET system in Partners countries and later - at UE level.
- Preparation of the manuals in several EU languages.
- Recognition of legal regulations, relevant to managerial subjects presented in manuals, at EU level and in Partners countries.
- Proper recognition and transparency of managerial skills in construction across EU. AEEBC and other European associations will assure recognition of qualification and certification.
- Proper dissemination of the project ideas and Intellectual Outputs across EU.
The project is complementary to previous three CLOEMC projects, where 19 manuals in several languages were successfully created. Present manuals of Construction Managers Library are as follows:
The following manuals have been developed in CLOEMC I (marked with 8 points of 10 by Agency Experts):
- M1: PROJECT MANAGEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION,
- M2: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION,
- M3: PARTNERING IN CONSTRUCTION,
- M4: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION ENTERPRISE,
- M5: REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT,
- M6: ECONOMY AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION,
- M7: CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT.
The manuals created for the purposes of the library are available in three languages: Polish, Spanish and English. Within the second part of the project the following manuals were developed (marked with 9 points of 10):
- M8: RISK MANAGEMENT,
- M9: PROCESS MANAGEMENT – LEAN CONSTRUCTION,
- M10: COMPUTER METHODS IN CONSTRUCTION,
- M11: PPP PROJECTS IN CONSTRUCTION,
- M12: VALUE MANAGEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION,
- M13: CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS – GOOD PRACTICE.
The manuals were prepared in four languages: Polish, Portuguese, German and English. Within the third part of the project the following manuals were developed (marked with 10 points of 10):
- M14: DUE-DILIGENCE IN CONSTRUCTION,
- M15: MOTIVATION AND PSYCHOLOGY ASPECTS IN CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY,
- M16: PROFESSIONALISM AND ETHICS IN CONSTRUCTION,
- M17: SUSTAINABILITY IN CONSTRUCTION,
- M18: HEALTH AND SAFETY IN CONSTRUCTION,
- M19: MANAGING BUILDING PATHOLOGY AND MAINTENANCE.
The manuals were prepared in five languages: Polish, Portuguese, German, French and English. New manuals, under preparation, are:
- M20: REVITALISATION AND REFURBISHMENT IN CONSTRUCTION.
- -revitalisation of commercial buildings,
- -Use of 3D scanning and other technologies,
- -Restoration of monumental and heritage buildings,
- -Case studies,
- -Renovations and reconstruction (i.e. ceiling strengthening of buildings)
- -Energy conservation in refurbished buildings
Authors: AEEBC / AWBUD
- M21: BUILDING INFORMATION MODELLING – BIM.
- -Description of levels from 1 to 7,
- -Use of the software,
- -Case studies,
- -BIM levels 8 and higher (8D BIM – Maintainability, 9D BIM – Acoustics, 10D BIM – Security, 11D BIM – Heat)
Authors: RU / CIOB / PSMB
- M22. OPTIMISATION OF CONSTRUCTION PROCESSES.
- -Chosen algorithms for schedule and cost optimisation,
- -Tools used in decision making in construction,
- -Neural networks,
- -Optimization algorithms (tabu search, simulated annealing, genetic algorithms, particle swarm optimisation, etc.)
Authors: WUT / RU
- M23: DIVERSITY MANAGEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION.
- -Agile management,
- -Socio-technical methods,
- -Influence management,
- -Cross - Cultural problems in Construction,
Authors: WUT / RU / DARM
- M24: STRUCTURAL MECHANICS FOR CONSTRUCTION MANAGERS.
- -Basic aspects of structural design and strength of materials,
- -Foundation - soil strength,
- -Ground water
- -Deep foundations
Authors: WUT / DARM
- M25: CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IN CONSTRUCTION.
- -Social performance of construction company,
- -Running responsible business,
- -Social media
- -Big Data
Authors: PSMB / WUT